Erectile dysfunction (ED) is the inability to get and maintain an erection. There is not just one reason why a man could experience ED, including issues with the brain, hormones, nerves, and muscles; as well as health conditions such as heart disease, high cholesterol or blood pressure, obesity, sleep disorders, Parkinson’s disease, and more. Stress and other mental health issues can also contribute.
Treatment options for ED range from medication to surgery. The type of treatment you need depends on the underlying cause and the severity of your condition. However, there are a variety of alternative ED treatments that have shown to help reduce the severity and frequency of ED. Before undergoing more extreme options (or giving up hope altogether) give some of these alternative treatments a try.
ED is often caused by conditions arising from one’s lifestyle, so making changes for positive may be an effortless way to overcome ED. Consider the following:
- Exercise can reverse the effects of heart disease, diabetes, obesity, and cholesterol, each of which can contribute to ED. Try exercising and see if that doesn’t have a positive effect on your ED.
- Healthy Diet can reduce your cholesterol, boost your immune system to fight off diseases, control diabetes, and heart disease, and add nutrients and vitamins that help a body thrive. In fact, clinical tests have shown that men with healthy blood pressure are less likely to experience problems in the bedroom than those with hypertension.
- A proper night’s sleep affects the free testosterone in your body and may enhance your libido and sexual function. One of the best things you can do is to maintain a consistent sleep cycle and get enough shuteye every night to keep your body rested and your equilibrium in check.
- Smoking is bad for you, of course, but did you know it can affect your ED? That’s because smoking inhibits blood flow in your body, especially when that blood has somewhere to be!
- Limit Alcohol – A 2013 study in the Journal of Sexual Medicine found that ED is more common among men who consume a lot of alcohol than men who don’t. To make a special night even more memorable, try toasting over ginger ale instead of alcohol!
While dietary supplements alone are unlikely to cure ED, they are a great addition to your treatment regimen and can get you better results. Supplements that could help you with ED include DHEA and ginseng. Talk to your doctor about which supplements are best for ED. Not only will your doctor suggest quality and trustworthy supplement brands but he can also guide you on what your dosages should be.
Stem Cell Therapy
Growing in popularity, stem cell therapy is an advanced treatment method that uses existing “raw” cells to treat medical issues. The stem cells are extracted from the body, harvested, and then converted into the specific types of cells the body needs. For example, you can take a stem cell and convert it into a blood vessel cell. Stem cell therapy can treat a variety of underlying issues that cause or worsen ED. For example, ED can be caused by damaged nerves, blood vessels, and tissues. Stem cell therapy can help restore these and other body parts so that your ED can be treated.
At the National Stem Cell Centers, our doctors use advanced technologies to treat health conditions such as ED using regenerative medicine. The experience and reputation at the National Stem Cell Centers are unmatched. Request an appointment at one of our centers today to find the right regenerative medicine treatment for you.