Stem cell therapy is an emerging treatment option that continues to be proven successful, not only by scientist and researchers, but also by doctors who utilize this treatment for a variety of conditions, including chronic pain. This process uses a person’s own stem cells to repair damaged tissue and regenerate new healthy tissue, to help repair and heal damage and degeneration. Stem cell treatments have reduced the need for prescription medication and surgery, proving to be a helpful tool towards managing and potentially eliminating pain in the body.
The human body has an amazing ability to heal itself. Stem cells can multiply and turn into “specialized” cells to target whatever injury or condition needs healing within the body. As positive research continues to grow, the efficacy of stem cell therapy is showing that this form of regenerative medicine has become a game changer for accelerating healing, regenerating tissue, and combating pain. It has helped untold amounts of people overcome insufferable chronic joint pain, restoring their function and mobility, and improving their quality of life.
Stem cells have amazing capabilities for helping people suffering from many debilitating injuries and conditions, who have become plagued by chronic pain. Here are five things to know about how stem cell treatment can help people who are suffering from chronic pain.
- Stem cell treatments has potential benefits for being a viable treatment option for treating or aiding recovery from many conditions and injuries, including:
- Osteoarthritis/Rheumatoid arthritis
- Back pain, commonly lower back pain
- Neck pain
- Torn meniscus
- Sprains and strains
- Broken bones
- Achilles tendonitis
- Rotator cuff tears
2.Stem cells decreases nerve damage and formation of scar tissue: Stem cells are able to repair nerve damage, improve muscle control, and restore function and mobility. During adulthood, stem cells are present within tissues/organs including the central nervous system. Stem cells have the ability to treat spinal cord injuries, among multiple other painful conditions and injuries to body parts that are essential in protecting and giving our body the ability to function and move. As new tissue forms after the injury starts to heal itself, the appearance and formation of painful scar tissue all too common after surgery can be reduced.
3.Stem cells do relieve pain but aim to repair damaged regions: Not only do stem cells work to reduce the pain and inflammation associated with these conditions, they also work to repair and regenerate the damaged region.
4. Stem cells are most effective to relieve pain if collected from bone marrow: Stem cells can be gathered from several locations, most commonly bone marrow and fat (adipose tissue). When it comes to pain management, the stem cells gathered from bone marrow seem to be the most effective at treating painful conditions and injuries.
5. Medication is not the only way for pain relief: Medications may help with inflammation and pain, but unfortunately, they are only temporarily. Therefore, the use of stem cells rather than medication is way more effective. Using the person’s own cells to promote tissue healing and regeneration is a much better route for reducing inflammation and lowering pain, when compared to seemingly endless cycles of prescription medication.
To learn more about how stem cells are an effective form of pain management, call National Stem Cell Centers at our New York office at (646) 448-0427 or (516) 403-1457 for our Long Island office, to schedule your complimentary consultation and find out if you are a good candidate for stem cell therapy.